Hey everyone, here we go. . . . . .
IN OUR WORLD
Coming to you live from Disney World and things are wonderful in the magic kingdom. I am working on three separate projects dealing with our Transformation platform, an educational project and a leadership initiative. Great projects with hundreds of people involved.
Our new sales strategic platform is gain traction as fast as I can keep up. We are now helping three clients add it to their existing sales methods. This causes me to develop customized aspects of my ideas and creates fantastic learning opportunities.
Next week will be my first week off the road in 10 weeks! I’m looking forward to getting caught up and moving forward on my writing!
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
I am a constant student. I look for opportunities to learn and engage in perspectives on those things I find interesting. Laura says; “Steve is the most curious person I have ever met.”
I recently watched a TED (www.ted.com) of author Amy Tam discussing the creative process and found the first half of the talk fascinating. Here are some of the aspects of creativity she spoke about:
- Creative people have a distinct inability to repress their muse. They find ways to express themselves be it skateboarding, painting, playing the guitar, playing a difficult shot in golf or dancing.
- Creativity occurs on multiple levels. It finds a way to escape whatever constraints you have placed on it. It allows you to see answers where others don’t think to look.
- Observer Effect: Creative people are always watching, looking for something new to inspire their minds. This puts them an observation mode. They never know where their next idea will come from.
- The Theory of Intention: Creative minds are prepared for things to go wrong and that mistakes often form a new direction to a solution. They are open to input.
I thought these were great observations.
Sir Kenneth Robinson, the great educator recently observed; “we are in a time where creativity should be as important in our education process as literacy.”
MOVIES: Iron Man – See it! NOW!
NetFlix Fans: The Shawshank Redemption – This film is next on my “perfect” list. Not a single flaw!
TV: If you missed last Sunday’s 60 Minutes interview with Justice Scalia, look for it on the internet, it was fantastic!
BOOKS: Having just finished Freedom in Exile – The autobiography of the Dalai Lama, I got to take a fiction read with me to
MUSIC: I am a huge OAR fan and found this video recently posted. Man, I love this song!
WEB SITES: Looking for song lyrics. Here is a great site.
I am a fan of lists and the New York Post just gave us a doozy. They listed the 35 top television shows of all time. Lists like these are not so good for discussion, but they are great for arguments! Here is the Top 10 and I am going on record that any list of top TV shows that does not list MASH is completely invalid and this list did not put MASH in the top 35! Here they, in descending order:
8. 24 – I know lots of people who love this show.
6. Mary Tyler Moore Show – Very funny, especially the clown episode
5. West Wing – LOVED THAT SHOW
4. American Idol – A social phenomenon.
3. Oprah Winfey – A dominate personality
2. All In The Family – A perfect place.
1. The Sopranos – Hard to argue.
Drop me a note with your comments at email@example.com.
Thanks for stopping by and until next time, Adios and Aloha.