Hey everyone, here we go. . . . . .
IN OUR WORLD
Coming to you from
- VIDEO – Working with Colton Woolford, my incredibly talented film maker, on a corporate story video for a client. We shot three different versions to allow the client to maximize their strategic use of their story. By having multiple versions you can find ways to distribute your message for any purpose from marketing to recruiting.
- CURRICULUM DESIGN: I have a client who is looking to leverage slow times into LEARNING TIMES! I have created a three part curriculum that will develop the core selling skill sets so that the sales force will be a powerful, skill driven force when their market strengthens. A fantastic strategy.
- PLANNING PROGRAM: I have two clients that will make it mandatory for all of their key team members to take a basic course in the art of planning that I am designing. Planning is a great wasteland when it comes to most professionals. It’s not that they lack the desire to plan; it’s that they lack an understanding of the process and the tools to make it part of their day.
Our April Newsletter is ready to go, so if you are not on the distribution list let me know and I will get it to you!
HEY, YOU CAN FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER – CREATIVEVENTURE
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
I recently added a new part to my strategic platform – Repeatable Successful Acts, a section on the behaviors of buyers. The programs foundation is based on the behaviors of successful producers; now thanks to two clients who opened their clients to my narrative arc platform I have some in-depth behaviors of BUYERS. I thought I would share a few foundation ideas and next week share a few of the actual RSA’s.
- There is a small part of the brain called the AMYGDALA; this is the “emotional navigation system” that makes us human and impacts why we buy. The Amygdala influences decision making on just about every level. It receives input and generates a first response. People make buying decisions based on emotion.
- Drive the relationship, it’s EVERYTHING. Make your sales pitch so that it’s emotionally appealing. Trust becomes the tipping point.
- Facts, data and reason do play a role, but believe it or not, it’s secondary to emotion. The winning formula combines both emotion and logic.
With some of the foundation, you can build an understanding of how a buyer thinks. When you see the RSA’s you can then combine seller and buyer behaviors to form a phenomenal sales strategy.
MOVIES: Monsters vs. Aliens is getting a tone of great press and though it is an animated feature, Laura and I might rent a kid and go see it.
NetFlix Fans: Tucker, the Man and His Dream: Jeff Bridges is great as this visionary car maker of the 1950’s.
TV: Unbelievable sports with Tiger winning in dramatic fashion (watch him every chance you get, even if you are not a golf fan. He is ONE of a kind!), tennis from the Sony Ericsson Open and the Final Four, what more can anyone else ask. If you are not checking out The Mentalist and Lie to Me, you are missing two great shows.
BOOKS: 5 Steps to Expert – By Schempp. What makes someone an “expert”? Schempp does a good job in putting 5 markers on the expert playing field.
MUSIC: Come on, have a little fun today. Here are three FANTASTIC and unique versions of Some Where Over The Rainbow – each unique in its interpretation and powerful in their ability to connect to the listener.
WEB SITES: Get the real skinny on new tech toys!
Entertainment Weekly gave us another one of those great lists to start the discussion – The 100 coolest heroes from movies and TV. Here are THEIR top 10:
9. Robin Hood
8. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
7. Han Solo
6. John McClane
5. Ellen Ripley
4. Harry Potter
1. James Bond
OK, where the hell is The Batman (who is way cooler than Superman)!
The dreams that you dare to, dreams really do come true
Drop me a note with your comments at email@example.com
Thanks for stopping by and until next time, Adios and Aloha.
Leave a Reply