Hey everyone, here we go. . . . . .
IN OUR WORLD
Thank You – Thank You – Thank You to my two clients who let me shuffle schedules so I could get work done on some MEGA projects. This gave me my last week in town for the next 6 weeks. I needed the time. Big projects take big thinking and that process is not served well in hotels and airports. I feel good about where each project is headed.
Next week I am off to
I love seeing movement. Things going from point A to point B excite me. When organizations take BIG steps and deal with critical impact strategies such as leadership, busting out of existing thinking models, readdressing their creative process and adding strong curriculum items to grow their people and I get chosen to be involved, well, that’s as good as it gets.
HEY, YOU CAN FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER –CREATIVEVENTURE
AND ON FACEBOOK – STEPHEN HARVILL!
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
One of my MEGA projects is working on a completely new look at the creative process for one of my clients. This is a BOLD move by this company because they recognize the importance of people generating ideas and have had great success with their existing model, but sensed some staleness in their thinking.
I have been working on the project for a November launch. One of the aspects of this work has been the gathering of a HUGE amount of creative data. Everything from the design of pizza boxes to cappuccino artists who use toothpicks to create art in the coffee/milk foam! I have enlisted many in the data gathering and now I would like to enlist YOU!
In conjunction with Glen Agritelley and The Mercy Wine Bar (www.mercywinebar.com ) we are holding a Creativity Contest with the arena being WINE LABLES. The rules are simple:
- Take a digital photo of your favorite wine label and send it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or Glen Agritelley at email@example.com
- This is about the LABEL not the wine. So the wine could be swill but have a kick ass label that really makes you take notice. That’s what we are looking for.
- This is about what you think is creative.
- One label submission per person (but your significant other can submit).
- Winner gets a dinner for two at the Mercy Wine Bar and fame! We hope to get the winery to send some of the winning wine.
- Contest goes until 8/31.
- Get going as a few people who know about the idea are already submitting pictures!
MOVIES: Funny People. A little disagreement with Laura on the potential of this one. I think it will be good and she’s on the “not so much side.”
NetFlix Fans: The Middle Man: I seldom recommend a boxed TV series, but this little gem was lost on the ABC Family Channel. Fun and full of surprises you will really dig this show!
TV: I watched a ton of the G-4 Network coverage of ComicCon 09 from
BOOKS: Predictable Irrational – By Ariely: I have been doing a ton of research into thinking patterns for a program on how to change your traditional way of looking at things to discover new opportunity. This is a great book on thinking patterns.
MUSIC: One of my good friends turned me on to Colin Hay’s solo career a couple of years ago and I have become a huge fan. Here is a new video of his simple but great song – Beautiful World.
WEB SITES: Here are some tips for life.
Just when you thought it can’t get any weirder – well . . . . . .
· In the movie Star Trek IV, Scotty teaches a guy how to make clear aluminum. Well, the really smart guys at The Flash Free – Electron High Intensity Laser Facility in
· The demise of Starbucks was over exposed in the media. By reducing the number of non-profitable stores (that happens when you put one on EVERY FREAKIN STREET CORNER) and a surge in coffee awareness caused revenue to surge 18% and they hit a 52 week high.
I watch the sun as it comes up and I watch it as it sets.
Man this is as good as it gets!
Drop me a note with your comments at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for stopping by and until next time, Adios and Aloha.